An opportunity for either 7th or 8th grade students to become part of the Enumclaw City Council for the 2nd quarter of 2023 is now available. By attending committee and city council meetings, the student politician can become immersed in local government and learn about local issues and the process involved in discussing and solving these issues.
purpose of this program is to encourage and engage the next generation to look towards public service with an avenue to experience local government. If your 7th or 8th grade child has an interest to be part of this limited space opportunity, or have questions, please inquire with Jessica Rose, firstname.lastname@example.org
, Katy McKee, email@example.com
, or Mayor Jan Molinaro at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is how the program is proposed to work.
- Parents and/or guardians contact information must be provided to the city at time of application along with the interested student’s name.
- State the name of your child’s teacher and the middle school they attend or if home schooled.
- Open to all students at 7th & 8th grade level that live in the Enumclaw School District. 1 or 2 students will be jointly selected.
- Will serve for the quarter, April - June 2023. Meeting date will be April 10, May 8 and June 12)
- The participating students will attend one council meeting each month of the quarter at which they will provide a report to council on what is occurring in their schools/education. The students can also select a council committee meeting to attend each month.
- If special accommodations are needed, please state at the time of application.
- Please submit by close of business on Friday, March 24, 2023. Those students chosen to participate will be notified by March 31, 2023.